UCEM’s e-Library (accessed through the Virtual Learning Environment) is a comprehensive and valuable online resource, enabling students to access a wealth of subject-specific and credible information to support them throughout their studies.
Some key facts and figures about our e-Library
Students have access to:
- Over 2000 Full-Text Journal Titles
- Over 1000 useful web links to e-Resources
- Online searchable databases from 15 key industry specific & educational sources
- A discovery service to allow students and staff to search all the UCEM Library services and e-Resources in one place
- Athens gateway – access and identity management system
- A direct link to UCEM’s entire library of study material
- UCEM Published Research and access to a monthly eBulletin
- Dissertation and Work-Based Project Library and Archive
- Abstracts and indexes of external databases
- Reading lists, bibliographies and literature reviews
With so much information available these days, particularly through the Internet, undertaking research can seem a bit overwhelming at times. UCEM Library and Information Services are here to help you. We provide guidance notes and fact sheets to help refine searches and make finding relevant information a lot easier.
UCEM e-Library enquiry service
An enquiry service is available for any library-related enquiry to be sent direct to an information specialist.
A Virtual Tour, entitled ‘How to use the UCEM e-Library’ is also available and provides a short video presentation of the vast array of resources available and is designed to show students how to make best use of this vital education tool and valuable support service.
View the UCEM e-Library virtual tour here
“Demonstrating to UCEM students what their e-Library can do for them remains a key priority of mine.”
Lucy Roper, Information Governance Manager