EQUALITY AT UCEM
BUILT FOR OPPORTUNITY
At UCEM a commitment to equality is embedded in all that we do. We celebrate diversity and the strengths that it brings to our staff body, our student community and our Board of Trustees, recognising that people are key to our success.
UCEM provides accessible, relevant and cost-effective education which enhances careers, increases professionalism and leads to a better built environment. Our mission has always been to provide flexible and affordable education to a worldwide, diverse student community. We aim to become the Centre of Excellence for Built Environment Education. Anyone wanting to study in a built environment discipline should be able to access the education we provide.
At UCEM, we are committed:
- to achieving equality for all those who learn and work here
- to providing equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination
- to delivering courses that are accessible to all students, regardless of age, location or any protected characteristics
- to embedding a working and learning environment which makes all students, staff and trustees feel part of a community, one which celebrates diversity and provides equal opportunities for all
- to challenging under-representation, discrimination and differences in outcomes.
At UCEM we are working to meet the objectives set out in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, Code of Practice and Access and Participation Plan to ultimately widen participation in the built environment sector.
UCEM is a member of the 30% Club which collectively seeks to promote gender equality on Boards and Senior Management Teams in organisations across the world as a first step towards true diversity and equality. UCEM’s Board of Trustees is 50% female and its Senior Leadership Team is 55% female.