ONLINE LEARNING HERITAGE
BUILT FOR INNOVATION
UCEM’s first use of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
UCEM’s first use of Moodle
UCEM becomes fully online
To study online
- In a world changed beyond belief, studying online is now the most reliable way to learn.
- Earn and learn. Online learning is geared to fit around your lifestyle, so whether you study part-time alongside work commitments or full-time with the weighting the other way round, the flexibility of online learning helps you achieve this.
- Study wherever you are in the world. Join a worldwide community where you can share your expertise and build your cultural understanding of practice elsewhere in the world.
- All you need is an internet connection. You won’t need to find accommodation or worry about commuting to your campus. If you have somewhere you can study and an internet connection, you’ll have everything you need.
- Save on your carbon footprint. Studying online is environmentally friendly. No trees are felled for textbooks, no transportation is necessary for you to access your campus. If you are passionate about sustainability, online learning syncs with your principles.
WHY CHOOSE UCEM?
THE EXPERTS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
- As shown on the timeline, we have been teaching online since 2001. This is what has been in place and perfected over many years, with a fully online experience achieved in 2015. The advancements in our online learning continue apace with our large team of experts devoted to ensuring our students have the very best study experience possible.
- We put the students at the heart of what we do. We have student trustees, student representatives and student ambassadors who provide feedback on how we can improve and ensure we are doing the best we can for our students. Feedback forms are included on every module for any student to offer feedback at any point. This student-focused approach saw us receive an 83% overall satisfaction rate in the National Student Survey (NSS), putting us on a par, and above, many traditional face-to-face universities. Our two-way dialogue with students is essential in us creating the best student experience we can.
- Our programmes help you fulfil your goals, whether it is gaining an accredited degree on the way to becoming chartered or simply completing a module or two to boost your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Be supported. Whether you need more pastoral support, careers advice or a bespoke plan in place to help you study more effectively, we have teams here ready to support you. Your peers are also there to help you along the way and we also have a group of alumni mentors who can support you when you begin your studies. You are not alone when you study with us.
- There has never been a better time to boost your career in the built environment. If you’re ready to take that step, you can do no better than study online with UCEM.
FIND OUT MORE…
Podcast: UCEM’s journey into online learning
Video: How to study with UCEM
Video: A quick tour of the VLE
Article: Student focus – debunking the online education myths
Article: Introducing our learning designers
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697 (Option 1)
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696 (Option 1)