Accessibility statement for University College of Estate Management (UCEM) website
This website is run by University College of Estate Management. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- use accessiBe accessibility adjustment plugin to customise the site
We’ve incorporated an accessibility plugin, AccessiBe. It utilises an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs. Additionally, it utilises an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimises its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts its functionality and behaviour for screen-readers used by blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- live video streams don’t have captions
- we have not tested navigation of the website using speech recognition software
- we aim to provide accessible PDFs, however, if you have any issues with accessing or using our PDFs, please contact us for a more accessible format
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format or you have a general question about accessibility contact:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you with an initial response in two to five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact:
If you need to escalate your issue further, contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints Officer, University College of Estate Management, Horizons, 60 Queens Road, Reading, RG1 4BS.
You can expect an acknowledgement within two working days and a full reply within 20 working days. If your complaint raises complex issues that cannot be answered within 20 working days, we will keep you informed of progress until we can fully respond.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).