The aim of this apprenticeship is to provide apprentices with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to pass the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) and become a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS). The combination of on-the-job learning in the workplace and both formal and informal off-the-job training is vital for this to happen.
The qualification studied on this apprenticeship can either be a BSc (Hons) or MSc depending on academic qualifications. UCEM offer the following pathways for both routes.
Full module information, academic entry requirements and further details can be found by clicking on the relevant programme brochure (the links can be found in the table below).
- Study requirements: 15-20 hours of study a week for 42 weeks per year
- Entry requirements for Chartered Surveyor BSc (Hons) route: 96 UCAS tariff points (or equivalent) and English and mathematics GCSEs at Level 4 (or C) or above
- Entry requirements for Chartered Surveyor MSc route: a bachelor’s degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2) (or equivalent) and English and mathematics GCSEs at Level 4 (or C) or above
- Apprentices also need: the right to work in England, meet Education and Skill Funding Agency residency status requirements, spend at least 50% of their working hours in England, be 18 years or over at the start of the programme and be directly employed in a job role that will enable the requirements of the apprenticeship to be achieved
For more detailed information view our programme brochures.
- Chartered Surveyor BSc (Hons) route application date: 20 February 2023 to start 27 March 2023
- Chartered Surveyor MSc route application date: 6 February 2023 to start 27 March 2023
- Chartered Surveyor BSc (Hons) route application date: 21 August 2023 to start 25 September 2023
- Chartered Surveyor MSc route application date: 7 August 2023 to start 25 September 2023