As part of the recruitment and selection process we collect and process personal data relating to enquirers and job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use personal data; please see our Privacy Notice for job applicants for details.
UCEM is looking to appoint a new practitioner External Examiner to each of the following programmes to commence from October 2020:
- L3 Surveying Technician Diploma (opens in a new page).
- MSc Construction Management (opens in a new page).
- MBA Construction and Real Estate (opens in a new page).
There are two external examiners for each programme (one academic and one practitioner) and these vacancies are for the practitioner positions.
We are looking for a practitioner working in the relevant field who would be interested in taking on some external responsibilities in addition to their day-to-day role. This is an opportunity to contribute to the maintenance of high academic standards and to UCEM programme enhancement.
Apart from the Level 3 Surveying Technician Diploma Post, applicants must be a member (or above) of RICS.
- Reviewing draft assessment papers
- Reviewing assessment results
- Attending Board of Examiner meetings as required
- Approving results
- Submitting an annual written report
Due to rules around conflicts of interest, we would not be able to consider applicants who:
- Are or have been in the last five years a:
- Member of the UCEM Board of Trustees or deliberative committee
- Member of a collaborative partner institution
- A UCEM employee including an Associate Tutor
- A UCEM student.
- Have a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a UCEM member of staff or student on the programme concerned.
Appointments usually run for four years.
Expressions of interest are required by Friday 19th June 2020.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.