University College of Estate Management (UCEM) response to COVID-19 (18th March 2020)
Posted on: 18 March, 2020
As a responsible employer and educator, UCEM’s commitment is to protect the health of all students, staff, clients and suppliers by adhering strictly to advice offered by Public Health England, The World Health Organisation, Office for Students, local and central government, whilst remaining fully committed to maintaining our usual excellent standard of student experience.
Please find below the steps we’ve taken to adhere to the current advice. As the situation is ever-changing, we fully review the guidelines and our actions daily and will quickly adapt if necessary.
- All staff who are able to work from home are doing so. We had been anticipating this situation and had prepared for it fully. We have an advanced IT infrastructure in place to enable remote working so we continue to operate as usual.
- As an online pedagogical institution, we are experts at online teaching and our delivery model will continue as normal.
- The small number of staff remaining in Horizons Head Office have been allocated seating at above the recommended distance away from each other.
- We are operating a policy of no external meetings and no visitors to Horizons Head Office.
- All managers and department heads have been briefed with respect to our self-confinement policy and our treatment of any staff member displaying symptoms that may be linked to COVID-19.
- All staff are continually reminded of the importance of following the 20-second guideline for hand-washing.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Student enquiries – Student Central on our VLE
- Employer enquiries – email@example.com
- Other enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org/+44 (0)118 467 2100
Our sincere thoughts are with those affected by COVID-19 and its impact around the world.