Celebrating our students’ success
Posted on: 8 July, 2013
The College of Estate Management (CEM) celebrated its students’ success at a special presentation ceremony at Reading Town Hall on July 6 2013
Around 100 graduating students and their families gathered to receive diplomas and prizes across a range of subjects and professional disciplines.
Some had travelled from as far afield as the Caribbean, as well as from throughout the UK and Europe, to attend the ceremony.
The event also marked a special day for the College’s Principal Dr Ann Heywood, who soon retires from the post. This was her last CEM awards ceremony.
“Those of you who are collecting a diploma have, with us, your families and other supporters, achieved great academic and professional success,” she told former students.
“I know this has not been achieved without action, determination perseverance and a good deal of pain. And all of us here want to offer you our sincere congratulations. You’ve done it!”
Diplomas and awards were presented by Michael Newey, President of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Marcus Kilby, President of the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC), and Anthony Abrahams, Director General of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Diplomas were awarded in the following subjects:
- BCSC Diploma in Shopping Centre Management
- CEM Diploma in Construction Practice
- CEM Diploma in Surveying Practice
- CEM Postgraduate Diploma in Adjudication
- CEM Postgraduate Diploma in Arbitration
- CEM Postgraduate Diploma in Facilities Management
- CEM Postgraduate Diploma in Surveying
- RICS Postgraduate Diploma in Conservation of the Historic Environment
- RICS Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
For a full list of diploma and prize winners, click here.