What we are doing to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week
Posted on: 4 March, 2019
Today (Monday, 4 March) marks the start of this year’s National Apprenticeship Week. It is an annual celebration of the positive impact of apprenticeships in the UK and one which UCEM, as the largest provider of surveying degree apprenticeships, is always keen to mark.
This year is no different and UCEM will be supporting the government’s 2019 theme – ‘blaze a trail’ – in its output, as well as celebrating apprenticeships more generally during the week.
What’s in store:
Monday, 4 March
– We are launching our pledge scheme, inviting employers to pledge this week to hire apprentices this year. Our aim is to gain 100 pledges, representing 100 apprentices in total who will study with us. Look out for our Pledge-ometer throughout the course of the week on our social media channels.
– Martin Cawley and Sam Jolley from our Business Development Team are at the Leeds Apprenticeship Recruitment Fair today.
Tuesday, 5 March
– We will publish the second of our monthly ‘Introducing…’ blogs which, this month, will focus on our Apprenticeship Outcomes Officers (AOOs) and the unique role they play in our apprentices’ learning journey.
– Director of Research, Innovation and Partnerships, Aled Williams’ blog on setting up a task force to improve apprenticeships for the good of the Built Environment will be published on the Construction Industry Council (CIC) website.
– AOOs, Bethan Watts and Debi Gaskin-Palmer, will shadow apprentices at Savills in London and Lambert Smith Hampton in Lincoln, respectively, as the first two of four shadowing trips being made by the team this week. Bethan and Debi will gain an insight into some of the exciting projects our apprentices are undertaking at their firms.
– Events and Communication Manager, Hannah Peck will attend our Level 6 apprenticeship workshop in London.
– Business Development Executives, Sam Jolley and Adrianne Lowe will attend the Eastbourne Apprenticeship Road Show.
Wednesday, 6 March
– We will publish blogs about Bethan’s and Debi’s experiences shadowing apprentices at Savills and Lambert Smith Hampton.
– Sarah Oliver will head to Faithful+Gould in London for our third AOO shadowing opportunity.
– AOOs, Johane Doe and Deborah Shorten will attend our Level 3 apprenticeship workshop in Birmingham.
Thursday, 7 March
– We will publish the third in our series of AOO apprentice-shadowing blogs by Sarah.
– David Meilhan will be the final AOO on shadowing duty at Malcolm Hollis in London and will be taken onto a construction site to see some of the firm’s work in action!
Friday, 8 March
– We will publish our final apprentice-shadowing blog by David.
In addition to the above mentions of social media, there will be soundbites, videos and infographics shared on our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts so keep your eyes peeled as we join in with the National Apprenticeship Week celebrations!