What is research?
Specialists in this area carry out industry research which is then applied to a wide range of projects and publications.
What’s required for the role?
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with clients and other professionals
- Client care
- Data management
- Research methodologies and techniques
- An understanding of the real estate and other relevant markets
- Attention to detail
- Ability to share and communicate research findings in different formats, suitable for a range of audiences
Learn more about the role
Your role might include data collection and analysis, and the production of market reports and publications. You will work with other real estate specialists and clients to fulfil their research needs and communicate this is an accessible manner.
Mainly office based, including meetings, presentations and client engagement.
A first degree or post graduate degree is usually expected, alongside training and experience in statistical analysis and drawing conclusions from data.
Research specialists can work towards chartered status with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) but may also obtain other academic and research focused qualifications.
Is it for you?
You might like if you enjoy:
- Analysing and identifying patterns in data
- Researching and explaining data
Other useful skills to have:
- Working with different people such as clients, colleagues and specialists
- Using mathematical and statistical skills
- Using verbal and written communication skills
How are research specialists responding to the need for sustainability?
For research specialists, the impact of the sustainability agenda is shaping the data, research and analysis they provide for other real estate professionals, whether they work inhouse or are advising clients.
Accurate research which reflects the impact of policies towards sustainability, equality, diversity and inclusion and ESG on property trends, values, on local, national and international markets, on demographics and on society’s use of the built environment is key to understanding and building a financial and sustainable built environment fit for purpose.
Where will it take you?
Employers include property consultancies and chartered surveying firms, private investment firms, banks and investment firms. Global and domestic opportunities exist.
Graduate roles are available as well as a good range of more senior and experienced roles.
Explore the role
+44 (0)118 921 4392
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697 (Option 1)
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696 (Option 1)
UK (Free): 0800 019 9697
International: +44 (0)118 921 4696