Transform Project: Changes coming in autumn 2020
6 September 2019
What is the project?
The Transform Project is about streamlining the way our students get their qualifications: making it simpler, more focused and less pressurised. We realise that people lead busy lives, and that juggling a complicated study programme on top of everything else is a challenge. That’s why we are planning to change the way we deliver our programmes from autumn 2020 – to help our students succeed.
What do the changes involve?
The benefits of the Transform Project will be phased in iteratively over a number of years. In the 2020-21 academic year, current students with UCEM will see the following changes:
- Revised and updated module content, in line with current sector practice;
- Improved processes, to encourage a timely completion of studies.
What are the benefits of the project?
The Transform Project will provide increased benefits to our students, and in the 2020-21 academic year these will include:
- Improved module content, delivered using innovative, online teaching methods;
- Visibility of module results at the start of each semester;
- A shift away from traditional methods of examination, towards assessment in line with industry practice;
- The availability of in-year resubmissions for any unsuccessful assessments, to support student progression through the programmes;
- An overhaul of our internal processes and systems, to ensure we can continue to support our students in the most effective way.
As part of UCEM’s rigorous quality assurance activities, the institution is required to revalidate its programmes regularly. Due to the work on this, students may see some changes to the module titles or content advertised, which we will confirm in March 2020. As a result, any student joining us from autumn 2019 may see slight changes to the programme outline advertised.
The changes planned will ensure that UCEM graduates continue to meet the demands of the sector, and are the next generation to lead it.
I’ve recently applied or registered to join UCEM – what does this mean for me?
If you are due to join us before autumn 2020, you will see changes to the way we deliver our programmes. Because we are undertaking a revalidation exercise, any students joining us before autumn 2020 may see slight changes to the programme outlines advertised on our website.
As you progress through your programme, we will provide more information to each of you individually about how the changes will work for you, and how you will be supported.