MAC Construction Consultants
Milton Keynes, London, Leeds, Manchester
Trainee or Undergraduate Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager
MAC is a mid-size national construction consultancy working with an extensive list of clients. The cost management services we provide span across many sectors including retail, leisure, education & healthcare; enabling our team to gain exposure to a variety of projects.
Due to the close knit working environment and flat structure at MAC, graduates will work closely with our senior team who have a wealth of experience to benefit from. We promote a social and open approach in our offices while trusting employees to be professional and uphold our company standards at all times.
Additionally, MAC pays close attention to the development and progression of their staff and will assist graduates wherever possible in day-to-day work, chartership and beyond.
For any further information please view our website: www.macconsultingltd.com
- Display professionalism in the execution of your job role
- Maintain a flexible approach to work
- Keep all business activity at MAC strictly confidential
- Strive to add value to MAC’s scope of service wherever possible
The general job responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans
- Undertaking site visits and meetings, advising on cost implications of project decisions and providing proactive advice
- Managing the procurement process in a conscientious and proactive manner at all stages, including liaising with suppliers
- Preparing tendering documents; examining tenders received and reporting thereon or negotiating tenders and pricing
- To assess and agree valuations and prepare subsequent recommendations for payment
- Cost reporting; indicating cost movements and the anticipated final cost of projects
- Managing and accessing change in accordance with the terms of the contract; submitting variations to the client for approval and agreeing final accounts with the Contractor
- Understanding key performance indicators (KPIs) and striving to ensure continuous performance improvement
Duties will generally be those defined above, however we are a modern company and therefore need to adopt flexible working patterns in order to meet client and market needs. All job descriptions should therefore be treated as a guide only.
Qualifications and experience required/preferred
- Achieved/studying for a RICS accredited degree, on course for a 2:1 or above
- Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships & practice
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Strong organisational skills with proficient time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
We are particularly interested in individuals who are enthusiastic to pursue their MRICS accreditation.
Applications considered from
- Current BSc students
- Current postgraduate students
Salary and benefits
Benefits package TBD.
MRICS Training Programme:
MAC is dedicated to investing in their employees and therefore we have a distinguished training programme that will guide all candidates to successful completion of the APC. The programme is compromised of the following steps:
- Assign the candidate a Counsellor and Supervisor
- Provide structured and bespoke training (e.g. internal workshops with fellow APC candidates)
- Advising the candidate on experience and recording against the competencies
- Advising the candidate on the written submission
- Preparing the candidate for the final assessment, including expectations of the interview process and assessment day
- Overall, provide support based on MAC’s experience of the APC
Please send your CV and covering letter (including relevant work experience and qualifications) to email@example.com
Please specify which of our offices you wish to be considered for.
Deadline: 1st February 2019
Upon receipt of all CV’s we will review applications and organise interviews where appropriate. Due to limited vacancies we would like to encourage all applicants to get in touch at their earliest convenience.
1 February 2019