Pigs at Lincoln’s Inn Fields
Posted on: 18 April, 2019
Following CEM’s temporary relocation to 11 Great George Street following the destruction of 35 Lincoln’s Inn Fields during the Blitz, the ruins of 35 Lincoln’s Inn Fields were adopted by the National Fire Service, who established a ‘Pig Club’. At one point, there were 36 pigs being reared in the ruins, as well as cockerels and rabbits. The firemen were raising and selling the animals to help to supplement wartime rations. This article is from the Picture Post, 03 April 1943. Picture Post was the UK’s equivalent of Life magazine, and in 1943 it had a circulation of nearly 2 million a week.
Ann Heywood birthday wish
Good luck for the next 100 years! Think what’s been achieved through the ups and downs of the last century- and the many ways that CEM/UCEM has adapted and thrived…