The construction team is contracted under the building contract to construct the building or project
Key people at this stage can include:
- Construction managers who specialise in areas such as logistics, contracts and site management
- Civil engineers who oversee building infrastructure projects
- Contracts and arbitration specialists who help parties resolve contractual disagreements.
- Quantity surveyors who manage the costs and budget of the project
- Safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) specialist who ensure that the building is constructed safely, with health and safety at the heart of the process.
- Building control surveyors who assess a structure’s safety and compliance with legislation
Key roles of the Construction stage
Some of the key roles relevant to the Construction stage are highlighted below. Click on the links to learn more about each of these exciting careers and see which UCEM programmes might be suitable for you.