UCEM is fully committed to respecting the privacy of visitors to this website.
This privacy statement sets out the type of information we may collect and hold, and how it is used. It also contains contact details in case you have any queries or concerns about your personal information. Any personal information which is given will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998.
UCEM uses electronic forms to gather personal information for purposes directly related to the services that we supply. All the information that we collect is required to support your studies or produce statistics to ensure we are supporting you in an equitable manner regardless of your background. You have the right to ask us at any time not to contact you by way of direct marketing. Completion and submission of any form is entirely at your discretion.
When you contact us either via this site or directly we use your personal information to:
- Process applications
- Provide services to students and applicants (including entering your registration or enquiry details into our relevant systems for administration purposes)
- Carry out research for internal purposes regarding our courses and services and we involve third parties to assist us in this respect purely for our own purposes
- Keep you informed about UCEM events and offers that may be of interest to you
- Produce statistical information about our products and services
- Keep sponsoring organisations informed about progress
To achieve this in certain circumstances your data may be shared with other organisations as detailed below:
- For students studying on courses validated by the University of Reading your personal details and progress will be shared with the university to administer the course
- For students studying on courses validated by the Open University your personal details and progress will be shared with the university to administer the course
- For students who are sponsored and share their sponsor details with us, we will share progress information with the sponsor to allow the sponsor to provide support
- For all students, personal information and progress information will be shared with UK government bodies as required by UK law. Specifically personal data and possibly sensitive personal data will be supplied to the Higher Education Statistics Agency, HESA. HESA will use this information as specified in their collection notice which can be found at http://www.hesa.ac.uk/fpn
- For Chartered Surveyor Training Trust (CSTT) apprenticeship students, we will share participation and progress information with the CSTT
- For all students assessment results may be shared with external examiners and quality assurance agencies to ensure academic standards are maintained
- For students in selected geographic areas where we work with partner organisations to provide additional services, your details will be shared with these organisations solely for the provision of these services. Students in these locations will be informed of these services when they receive an offer
- We work with a network of carefully selected international representatives and if you enquire/apply from a geographical area covered by one of these representatives we will pass your details to the representative so that they can provide local assistance
- For all students where we use third parties to deliver services relating to your studies we will share details solely for the administration of these services
We will never share your information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Cookies and web logs
As with most websites, our website automatically logs certain information whenever someone visits the site. This information is used for site statistics and does not include anything from which users could be identified. This logged information is not passed on to any third party unless required by law.
We take the necessary security measures to safeguard your data, from risk of loss, destruction, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.
Links to external sites
We link to other websites that are not managed by us. We do not take responsibility for any information you share with these linked sites. If you are unsure whether you have left the UCEM website, check the address bar. If / is not in the start of the address, you have left our website.
Contacting us and/or accessing your personal information
Under current data protection legislation you are entitled to know what personal information an organisation holds about you and how that information is processed. If you wish to know what information we currently hold about you, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Your enquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible and will not take more than 40 days to process.