Realising UCEM’s sustainability potential goes beyond addressing day to day operations, to recognising our position to influence and educate industry professionals who design, develop and manage the Built Environment. Delivering academic excellence is one of UCEM’s primary goals.
- Embedding sustainability at each academic level within our provision which reflects UCEM’s practice based focus and helps identify UCEM as a leader in education for sustainability
- Undertaking applied, real world sustainability research and partnerships aligned with the needs of local, national and international agendas
UCEM are pleased to be joining 23 other higher and further education institutions in the National Union of Students (NUS) Responsible Futures initiative. Out of 24 partnerships involved we are the only alternative provider. It can help to:
- Embed sustainability into students’ learning experience
- Prepare students for the emerging low-carbon economy and provide students with skills for the 21st century
- Strengthen the relationship between students and UCEM
We are aiming to achieve an NUS Responsible Futures Accreditation mark in 2018, validating our commitment and efforts to link sustainability knowledge, skills and understanding with application in practice. It is clear that graduates with demonstrable responsible futures skills will be well placed in the race for good jobs.