Property People’s Network
We offer first year, postgraduate students one year’s free membership of the Property People’s Network.
Property People’s Network (PPN) was founded in 2003 and provides a forum for property people to meet, mix and extend professional and academic interests. Membership is open to all who have an interest in land and property. Many of our members have a wealth of experience and by joining us, it allows you access to their understanding of the industry.
Benefits of joining PPN include:
- CPD events
- Site visits to various buildings, sites and projects of special interest
- Mentoring and advice and support for the APC
- Industry internships
- Social events, including our annual lunch at the House of Lords and two golf days each year
- Two newsletters each year
All these events and activities allow for networking with other members and guests.
For further details please see the PPN website at www.ppnonline.co.uk
Chartered Surveyors Training Trust
The Chartered Surveyors Training Trust (CSTT) has been creating opportunities for young people to start a career in surveying for over 25 years. It was established in 1984 by the Surveyors’ Livery Company, the Worshipful Company of Chartered Surveyors and became an independent charity in 1987 although retains very close links with its founder.
CSTT aims to provide life-changing opportunities for young people aged between 16 and 24 to become qualified surveyors regardless of their academic, social or financial circumstances. It does this by:
- Supporting young people from deprived areas or who face personal disadvantage to gain employment as surveyors
- Providing fully funded and supported apprenticeship programmes leading to Associate membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Providing supported progression opportunities to qualification as a chartered surveyor
UCEM is working with CSTT to deliver the Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship and Surveying Technician Apprenticeship Trailblazer.
See www.cstt.org.uk for further information.
BRE is a world leading multi-disciplinary building science centre with a mission to improve the built environment through research and knowledge generation. UCEM is working in partnership with the BRE Academy, the specialist training and development division of BRE, which aims to:
- Lead the industry by delivering educational excellence
- Address the knowledge and skills gap
- Develop the next generation of skilled operatives and professionals
- Deliver accessible and practical CPD, and lifelong learning programmes
The partnership involves offering online CPD courses developed by UCEM that construction professionals at all levels can access via the BRE Academy online portal.
See www.bre.co.uk/academy/ for further information.